National Baking Week is here and we’re sooo up for it. Any excuse, eh?
But if lockdown banana bread was your first triumph and you’re keen to up the ante, this one is for you. We’ve put together a must-have-in-your-kit list for beginner bakers wanting to whisk up a showstopper, for a pinch of the price.
With everyday essentials and fab finds, there won’t be a soggy bottom in sight!
For cakes & puds
1. Big name cake tin – because everything tastes better when it’s designer.
2. Cooling rack – we know waiting is the hardest part, but it’s oh so worth it.
3. Rolling pin – knead we say more?
4. Icing smoother – for perfectly smoothed icing at perfect prices.
5. Measuring cups – one for you, two for me… but who’s counting?
6. Mixing bowls – that fancy French stoneware will do just the trick.
7. Pastry brush – to spread the love for a scrummy steal.
8. Sieve – to dust, shake, strain and sift to your heart’s content.
9. Piping bag – because you can’t be a pro baker without one.
10. Whisk – at that price? You’ll take two!