Terms and Conditions
TJX Ireland Unlimited Company (trading as TK Maxx and Homesense), is registered in Ireland under registration number 316341, with a registered office of 12 Northbrook Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6 (TJX). TJX is a subsidiary of TJX UK, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 3094828 and whose registered office is at 73 Clarendon Road Watford WD17 1TX
Access to and use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Last updated 31 October 2022
- GIFT CARD
- TERMS GOVERNING WEB CONTENT AND ITS USE
- COPYRIGHT, TRADE MARK AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- LEGAL CLAUSES
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY PRIZE DRAW
General Terms and Conditions
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the Republic of Ireland and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
- If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
- TJX will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the legislation regulating computer misuse or cybercrime to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
- deny access to the website where we reasonably believe (in our absolute discretion) that a user is in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or our Privacy Statement
Republic of Ireland TK Maxx Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Gift cards for use in TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland can be purchased in both TK Maxx and Homesense stores in the Republic of Ireland, at selected third party retail stores in the Republic of Ireland, and online at www.tkmaxx.ie. TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards or digital gift cards can be purchased from selected third party retailers.
Terms and conditions of use
- TK Maxx/Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used at any TK Maxx or Homesense store in the Republic of Ireland. You may only redeem your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card in Euros.
- There are two types of gift card that could be issued to you: (a) an open value gift card; and (b) a specified value gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it from time to time so that at any one time the maximum credit value that can be registered on that gift card could be €999.99. A specified value card has a fixed amount of credit applied to it when it is purchased and further amounts of credit cannot be added once it has been purchased. You can ask in store what type of gift card, eGift card or digital gift card you hold if you are not sure.
- TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise in TK Maxx and/or Homesense and cannot be used to purchase other TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash at TK Maxx and/or Homesense.
- As of 1st December 2019, there will be no limit on the number of TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards that you are permitted to redeem in a single transaction in the Republic of Ireland.
- You should treat your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card as cash; you are solely responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards will not be replaced. The TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- Purchases made with a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card will be deducted from the balance of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card (as applicable) until the balance reaches zero credit (€0.00). No change can be given for purchases where the value of the goods bought is less than the value of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card. Any remaining balance will be updated after each transaction and will stay on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card for future purchases. If the purchase price of the goods exceeds the amount of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card, the remaining cost of the goods to be purchased can be settled via another accepted payment method.
- TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift card or digital gift card have no expiry date.
- You can check the balance on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card in store or online at www.tkmaxx.ie and/or at www.homesense.ie.
- The cost of anything you buy with the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card and return to store (in accordance with the TK Maxx and Homesense Returns Policy) will be refunded to a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card. If you made your purchase using an eGift card or digital gift card you will receive a new TK Maxx/ Homesense gift card with a credit value equal to the value of the goods that you are returning. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
- The funds on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card are not covered by any financial services compensation schemes in the Republic of Ireland.
- We may amend the terms and conditions of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. This does not affect your legal rights.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards purchased online, please see our gift card order page.
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense e-gift cards purchased online, please see our e-gift card order page.
TERMS GOVERNING WEB CONTENT AND ITS USE
Linking to this web site
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX, TK Maxx, Homesense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by Irish and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made.
Submission and uploading material to our website
Other than personal information which is subject to our Privacy Statement, all comments, blogs, feedback, suggestions, ideas, original materials such as stories, artwork, computer code or product and marketing ideas and any other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to TJX on or through the website or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered by you to us (collectively "Submissions") shall be and remain the property of TJX.
Such disclosure, submission or offer of Submissions and your agreement to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute an assignment to TJX of any intellectual property rights.
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions.
Further, TJX shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TJX will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TJX and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the Republic of Ireland.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX, TJX's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX.
How do I return something I bought in store?
Merchandise must be unused and in its original condition including packaging and labelling
Pierced jewellery and gift cards are excluded from our returns policy
If you paid by credit or debit card any refund will be to the original card you used to purchase
If you paid by gift card, the refund will go on to another gift card
Gift receipts can be used to return an item for exchange or gift card but not refund
Homesense items cannot be returned to TK Maxx stores and must be returned to Homesense stores only
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
Customer Satisfaction Survey Prize Draw
Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and Isle of Man, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- Purchase is necessary. Please retain an itemised receipt that states the time and date of purchase prior to entry, but within the Promotion Period, as this may be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive their Prize. Internet access and a valid email address are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 GMT on the 1 February 2023 and 23.59 GMT on the 31 January 2024 inclusive, within which there are monthly Promotion Periods (“Monthly Promotion Period”).
- To Enter:
- Residents of Republic of Ireland: Make a purchase in a TK Maxx or Homesense store, then visit https://www.tkmaxxcare.ie/ or https://www.homesensecares.ie/ to complete the customer satisfaction survey and enter the required details (store number, transaction number, register number, name and email address to be entered into the monthly prize draw) to be entered into the Prize Draw.
- Maximum of one entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period. One itemised receipt per entry receipt must state the time and date of purchase, which must pre-date the entry date and time, but be within the Promotion Period. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
- The Prizes: Following each Monthly Promotion Period, there will be a total of 3 x £250 or €250 TK Maxx Gift Cards to be won in a shared prize pool each month. Throughout the entire Promotion Period, there will be a total of 36 Winners.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- The TK Maxx gift cards may be used in any TK Maxx or Homesense store in ROI.
- TK Maxx gift cards are subject to their own Terms & Conditions available at:
- Republic of Ireland: https://www.tkmaxx.ie/terms-and-conditions#Gift%20Cards
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize, of equal value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- The Prizes do not have an expiry date and can be used indefinitely.
- The value of the TK Maxx Gift Card can be used in full or in part payments for products purchased in-store.
- Winner Selection: 3 provisional winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received within each Monthly Promotion Period (a total of 36 provisional winners throughout the Promotion Period). The Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas (JS13427), the independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification: Provisional winners will be contacted via the email address/telephone number provided on entry within 10 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. Once a provisional winner has confirmed their eligibility and acceptance of their prize, they will be confirmed as a winner (“Winner”). If a Winner does not respond to the initial contact within 5 days, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve Winners may have less time to respond.
- Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the Winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 1923 473561. If a Winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
- Provided no objection from the Winners are received, a Winners list will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be available by sending a request via email to email@example.com. Winners can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for information being published to be reduced by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +44 1923 473561. However, without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotions and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
- Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
- Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
- Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
- Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
- Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that Prize for another of equal or greater value.
- If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the websites listed under Clause 4.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
- Republic of Ireland: https://www.tkmaxx.ie/cookies-and-privacy-policy
- If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
- By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the law of the relevant country for each entrant, and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the relevant country they reside in.
Promoter: TJX UK, 73 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX
Important safety notice
Product Recall - Yellow Orpiment Mineral Bookends
Product Recall - Travelon Travel Adapter