Homesense is owned and operated by TJX UK, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX UK is registered in England and Wales.
Registration Number: 3094828. VAT Registration Number: 662563524
Registered address: 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1TX.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX UK from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Last updated 27th July 2015
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX UK
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
- If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with their Terms and Conditions.
- TJX UK will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Republic of Ireland TK Maxx Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Gift cards for use in TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland can be purchased in both TK Maxx and Homesense stores in the Republic of Ireland, at selected third party retail stores in the Republic of Ireland, and online at www.tkmaxx.ie.TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards or digital gift cards can be purchased from selected third party retailers.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. TK Maxx/Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used at any TK Maxx or Homesense store in the Republic of Ireland. You may only redeem your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card in Euros.
2. There are two types of gift card that could be issued to you: (a) an open value gift card; and (b) a specified value gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it from time to time so that at any one time the maximum credit value that can be registered on that gift card could be €999.99. A specified value card has a fixed amount of credit applied to it when it is purchased and further amounts of credit cannot be added once it has been purchased. You can ask in store what type of gift card, eGift card or digital gift card you hold if you are not sure.
3. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise in TK Maxx and/or Homesense and cannot be used to purchase other TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash at TK Maxx and/or Homesense.
4. As of 1st December 2019, there will be no limit on the number of TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards that you are permitted to redeem in a single transaction in the Republic of Ireland.
5. You should treat your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card as cash; you are solely responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards will not be replaced. The TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
6. Purchases made with a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card will be deducted from the balance of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card (as applicable) until the balance reaches zero credit (€0.00). No change can be given for purchases where the value of the goods bought is less than the value of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card. Any remaining balance will be updated after each transaction and will stay on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card for future purchases. If the purchase price of the goods exceeds the amount of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card, the remaining cost of the goods to be purchased can be settled via another accepted payment method.
7. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift card or digital gift card have no expiry date.
9. The cost of anything you buy with the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card and return to store (in accordance with the TK Maxx and Homesense Returns Policy) will be refunded to a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card. If you made your purchase using an eGift card or digital gift card you will receive a new TK Maxx/ Homesense gift card with a credit value equal to the value of the goods that you are returning. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
10. The funds on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card are not covered by any financial services compensation schemes in the Republic of Ireland.
11. We may amend the terms and conditions of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. This does not affect your legal rights.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards purchased online, please see our gift card order page.
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense e-gift cards purchased online,
Linking to this web site
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX UK. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX UK, TK Maxx, Homesense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX UK, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made.
Submission and uploading material to our website
Such disclosure, submission or offer of Submissions and your agreement to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute an assignment to TJX UK of any intellectual property rights.
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX UK will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions.
Further, TJX shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX UK shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TJX will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX UK does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX UK makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX UK's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX UK's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely ressembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX UK will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX UK provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX UK and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX UK. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX UK.
How do I return something I bought in store?
Merchandise must be unused and in its original condition including packaging and labelling
Pierced jewellery and gift cards are excluded from our returns policy
If you paid by credit or debit card any refund will be to the original card you used to purchase
If you paid by gift card, the refund will go on to another gift card
Gift receipts can be used to return an item for exchange or gift card but not refund
Homesense items cannot be returned to TKMaxx stores and must be returned to Homesense stores only
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
Summary Terms and Conditions:
ROI, 13+ only. Under 16’s must seek parental consent. 04/12/2020 – 18/12/2020. Post an Instagram story of some Christmas baubles with @homesense_ie and #hanganybauble to participate. Homesense will donate €5 per valid post to Enable Ireland, up to a maximum of €2,500. No purchase necessary. Internet access required. Max 1 entry per Instagram account. Instagram account must be public to enter. Visit homesense.ie/terms-and-conditions for full T&Cs. Promoter: TJX Europe.
We’re all very excited about Homesense’s fundraiser for Enable Ireland. To make sure everyone understands how to get involved, here are the terms and conditions (Terms) that apply to anyone that wishes to take part with our social media charity campaign (Campaign). Please read these Terms carefully - if you do not agree with them, you should not participate.
If you‘d like to have a copy of these Terms, you’re welcome to print them or to request a copy by post, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the address at the end of these Terms.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
We’re inviting everyone to post a photo between 00:01 GMT on the 4th December 2020 and 23:59 GMT on the 18th December 2020 of some Christmas baubles to their Instagram story, tag @Homesense_IE, @enable.ireland and use #hanganybauble
To participate, you must have your Instagram on a ‘public’ setting. Only stories with with #hanganybauble and @enable.ireland @Homesense_IE will be valid.
We’re hoping you can help us raise funds for Enable Ireland. For each participant from the ROI that posts a photo of some Christmas baubles between 00:01 GMT on the 4th December 2020 and 23:59 GMT on the 18th December 2020 to their Instagram story with the relevant tags, we’ll make sure €5 is donated to Enable Ireland, up to a maximum of €2,500.
If we reach €2,500 before 23:59 GMT on 18th December 2020, you can still enter your photos to support the Campaign but we will no longer be donating €5 for each post to Enable Ireland. Donations will only be made in relation to posts originating from the ROI.
Please visit https://www.enableireland.ie/ to find out more about the great work Enable Ireland do.
DO’S AND DON’TS
You must be 13 years old or older to take part in our Campaign. Participants under the age of 16 will need to obtain parental consent to enter.
Your Instagram story post should include a photo some Christmas baubles and tag #hanganybauble and @enable.ireland @Homesense_IE
Your posts should not include:
anything unlawful, obscene, defamatory, abusive, invasive of someone’s privacy or any nudity or swearing - in short, be nice!
material that infringes another person’s intellectual property or other rights or that includes adverts or photos of celebrities – if in doubt, please don’t post it.
photos of anyone other than you unless you’ve obtained their permission before posting (or the permission of their parent if they are under the age of 16).
You’re welcome to post different photos but donations will only be made for your first photo (up to the maximum) posted. Also, please don’t spam our social pages by posting photos more than once, from different accounts or use macros or other automated means.
You’ll need to make sure you comply with the terms of Instagram and if you did not take the photo yourself, please check with the person that did to make sure they’re fine with you posting it online and using them in the ways described below in paragraph 5.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information held by us or to request that we cease to use such information. Any request for this should be made in writing using the contact details at the end of these Terms.
All personal and other information relating to participants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Campaign ends for auditing and legal reasons and to deal with any queries relating to the Campaign.
OUR RIGHT TO USE YOUR POSTS
By making a post and using the #hanganybauble hashtag you are giving to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-terminable and free permission (including the right to sub-license that permission) to use any material in your posts (Your Content) for any commercial or non-commercial purposes, including:
to make Your Content available through Our Social Pages to other users of those services.
to include Your Content in our marketing campaigns and adverts whether online (such as on our website, apps, other online services and platforms, in emails including newsletters or further posts via Our Social Pages) or offline (such as in printed material or via TV or other broadcasts). Whilst we are not obliged to do so, we reserve the right to contact you (e.g. via your social media account) before making any use of Your Content in adverts or marketing campaigns.
to modify Your Content before or after its publication. For example, we may resize, crop, reformat, convert or re-encode your photos or combine all or part of Your Content with ours or that of our licensors (including content created by other users e.g. by creating a collage).
You agree that we do not have to provide you with a credit for Your Content and irrevocably and unconditionally waive any moral or similar rights you have in your posts. You permit us and third parties we authorise to use your image, likeness, actions and statements in the ways described in this paragraph 5.
You promise that you have all the rights and permissions that you need to post Your Content to Our Social Pages and that you have obtained waivers and permissions for any person that appears in that content to allow us to use it in the ways described in this paragraph 5.
OUR RIGHT TO REMOVE YOUR POSTS
You agree that we are allowed to remove any photos you post from Our Social Pages, for any reason, including if you break these Terms.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may modify, suspend or terminate the Campaign (e.g. extend or change the period during which it runs) or make any other changes to the Campaign or these Terms but only in the event of circumstances arising that are outside of our reasonable control.
Where reasonably possible, we will notify you of such changes in advance or at the time we make such changes by posting amended Terms on this page and/or via a post to Our Social Pages.
LEGAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We cannot be responsible for posts lost or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
We also cannot be responsible for any damage, loss or injury you may suffer by entering the Campaign.
TJX IRELAND is the promoter of the Enable Ireland Fundraiser Campaign. TJX IRELAND is an unlimited private company incorporated and registered in Ireland with company number 316341 and registered office at 12 Northbrook Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6, Ireland.
Our Enable Ireland Fundraiser Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You understand that you are providing information to us and not to those service providers and they shall have no liability to you for our Campaign. By participating with our Campaign, you release Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from any obligations relating to it.
If you have any queries or complaints about the Campaign or would like to know the current amount donated to Enable Ireland at any point in time during the Campaign, please contact us at the above address or by email at Corporate_Responsibility@tjxeurope.com.
By participating you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms.
These Terms are governed by Irish law and any disputes will be exclusively dealt with by the courts of the Republic of Ireland.