Terms and Conditions
Homesense is owned and operated by TJX UK, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX UK is registered in England and Wales.
Registration Number: 3094828. VAT Registration Number: 662563524
Registered address: 73 Clarendon Road Watford WD17 1TX.
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX UK from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Last updated 27th July 2015
General Terms and Conditions
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX UK
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
- If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with their Terms and Conditions.
- TJX UK will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary materialdue to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Republic of Ireland TK Maxx Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Gift cards for use in TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland can be purchased in both TK Maxx and Homesense stores in the Republic of Ireland, at selected third party retail stores in the Republic of Ireland, and online at www.tkmaxx.ie. TK Maxx and/or Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards or digital gift cards can be purchased from selected third party retailers.
Terms and conditions of use
- TK Maxx/Homesense Republic of Ireland gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used at any TK Maxx or Homesense store in the Republic of Ireland. You may only redeem your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card in Euros.
- There are two types of gift card that could be issued to you: (a) an open value gift card; and (b) a specified value gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it from time to time so that at any one time the maximum credit value that can be registered on that gift card could be €999.99. A specified value card has a fixed amount of credit applied to it when it is purchased and further amounts of credit cannot be added once it has been purchased. You can ask in store what type of gift card, eGift card or digital gift card you hold if you are not sure.
- TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise in TK Maxx and/or Homesense and cannot be used to purchase other TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards. TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards cannot be returned or exchanged for cash at TK Maxx and/or Homesense.
- As of 1st December 2019, there will be no limit on the number of TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards that you are permitted to redeem in a single transaction in the Republic of Ireland.
- You should treat your TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card as cash; you are solely responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards, eGift cards, or digital gift cards will not be replaced. The TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- Purchases made with a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card will be deducted from the balance of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card (as applicable) until the balance reaches zero credit (€0.00). No change can be given for purchases where the value of the goods bought is less than the value of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card. Any remaining balance will be updated after each transaction and will stay on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card for future purchases. If the purchase price of the goods exceeds the amount of credit on the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card or digital gift card, the remaining cost of the goods to be purchased can be settled via another accepted payment method.
- TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards, eGift card or digital gift card have no expiry date.
- You can check the balance on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, eGift card, or digital gift card in store or online at www.tkmaxx.ie and/or at www.homesense.ie.
- The cost of anything you buy with the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card and return to store (in accordance with the TK Maxx and Homesense Returns Policy) will be refunded to a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card. If you made your purchase using an eGift card or digital gift card you will receive a new TK Maxx/ Homesense gift card with a credit value equal to the value of the goods that you are returning. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
- The funds on a TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card are not covered by any financial services compensation schemes in the Republic of Ireland.
- We may amend the terms and conditions of the TK Maxx/Homesense gift card, or eGift card, or digital gift card from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. This does not affect your legal rights.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense gift cards purchased online, please see our gift card order page.
For full terms and conditions for TK Maxx/Homesense e-gift cards purchased online, please see our e-gift card order page.
Terms Governing Web Content And Its Use
Linking to this web site
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX UK. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX UK, TK Maxx, Homesense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX UK, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made.
Submission and uploading material to our website
Such disclosure, submission or offer of Submissions and your agreement to these Terms and Conditions shall constitute an assignment to TJX UK of any intellectual property rights.
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX UK will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions.
Further, TJX shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX UK shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TJX will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX UK does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX UK makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX UK's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX UK's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX UK shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely ressembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX UK will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX UK provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX UK and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX UK. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX UK.
How do I return something I bought in store?
Merchandise must be unused and in its original condition including packaging and labelling
Pierced jewellery and gift cards are excluded from our returns policy
If you paid by credit or debit card any refund will be to the original card you used to purchase
If you paid by gift card, the refund will go on to another gift card
Gift receipts can be used to return an item for exchange or gift card but not refund
Homesense items cannot be returned to TKMaxx stores and must be returned to Homesense stores only
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Sometimes we have to refuse a refund or exchange usually because the item is outside the return period or is not in its original condition. Make sure you follow all the above to avoid any embarrassment.
Homesense Instagram prize draw
Summary Terms and Conditions:
Republic of Ireland, 18+ only. 28/04/22 – 03/05/22. To enter the prize draw comment underneath Homesense Ireland’s Instagram promotional post following the competition guidelines outlined in the promotional post text. No purchase necessary. Prizes: 1 x €500 Homesense gift card in total across the Promotional Post. Internet access required. Visit www.homesense.com/terms-and-conditions for full T&Cs,prize details. Promoter: TJX Ireland UC
Full Terms and Conditions:
Promoter: TJX Ireland Unlimited Company 12 Northbrook Road, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
You must continue to follow the @homesense_ie account and keep your profile on a public setting for 4 weeks immediately following the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a Winner.
- This Promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and an active Instagram account are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 17:00 GMT on the 28th April 2022 and 17:00 GMT on the 3rd May 2022 inclusive.
- To Enter: Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @homesense_ie and enter by commenting underneath a Promotional Post, following the guidelines outlined in the promotional post text.
- One promotional collaboration post will be posted to the @homesense_ie and @blackhouse.ie accounts and one supporting story on Instagram during the Promotion Period.
- The Prizes: There will be 1 winner per Promotional Post. The “Winner” will be selected from the persons who comment on the Promotional Posts.:
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- You must not include content that contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery.
- You must not condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour and not cause offence on the grounds of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age.
- You must not include any content that infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights, excluding that of the Promoter.
- The Homesense gift card can be redeemed in any Homesense or TK Maxx stores in the Republic of Ireland during trading hours.
- There is no refund if the full value of the Homesense Gift Card is not used.
- Homesense Gift Cards are subject to terms and conditions found at: https://www.homesense.ie/terms-and-conditions#gift-cards.
- Winner Selection: 1 Winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period for each Promotional Post. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by an independent party, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification:The Winner will be contacted via direct message to their social media account used on entry within 5 working days of selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a Winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a Winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve Winners may have less time to respond. No communications will be sent to the Tagged Friends.
- Prize Acceptance: The Winner will be notified via the social media account used to enter within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the prize directly to the Winner. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the Winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that a Winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion. However, the Promoter will not correspond with the Winners in this regard and this obligation is solely for the Winner to comply with.
- Moderation:The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- are in breach of the Terms & Conditions;
- contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
- promotes any political agenda.
- Provided no objection is received, if you are a Winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available at https://www.homesense.ie one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing email@example.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- The Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prizes is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
- In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or ineligible or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social media network. You understand that Instagram has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
- These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party, including, for the avoidance of doubt, any Tagged Friend or social media account tagged by Winners or entrants on the Promotional Posts.
- If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.